Monster Party is one of the weirdest games for the NES! This game probably has the most unique bosses on the system – in total, you’ll battle 21 of them! Most of them are spooky characters from the worlds of horror, sci-fi, and fantasy…. but some of them are weird things like a tempura appetizer platter, a cat in a box, and a wishing well that throws coins back at you!
It was published by Bandai, a Japanese toy company that owned licenses for properties like Dragonball, but they actually published a lot of great NES games. Without Bandai, we may have never gotten home ports of awesome arcade games like Galaga!
So how did this game get made, and maybe more interestingly – what had to be cut from the final version? In this week’s episode we’ll find out, then we’ll dive deep into the gameplay where we’ll learn:
* The BEST places to find Health and Pill power ups! After watching this, you’ll always know where to look!
* Which DOORS to enter, and which to AVOID!
* The east way through the complex HAUNTED HOUSE MAZE in Round Six!
* How to ensure you don’t LOSE YOUR KEY in Round 7!
* The best strategies for defeating ALL 21 BOSSES… even THE DARK WORLD MASTER himself!
Thanks for watching!
“Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.”